After an agreed upon refund of $12,500, this consumer alleges that Narconon refunded $5,000 and failed to respond to repeated calls and emails regarding the unpaid balance.
Patrick Desmond was a 28 year old young man with an alcohol problem who died while under the care of Narconon of Georgia. This lawsuit alleges that Patrick Desmond was allowed to leave poorly supervised, off-campus, housing, and was introduced to heroin for the first time, and ultimately overdosed resulting in his death.
Consumer complained about Narconon's false claims of cleaning toxins from fat/muscle cells and potential for relapse if left in the system.
Based on review of the facility policies and procedures, and staff interview, it was determined that the facility failed to have policies and procedures which address the facility reporting serious occurrences to the Office of Regulatory Services within 24 hours, and following up with a detailed investigative report in five work days, and that the facility failed to have written procedures which address the way the facility employees should conduct drug screens on employees and clients.