Get the Word Out!
More and more, people are turning to the internet to evaluate products and services before they buy. Not only is it easier to search than to call or write to multiple sources to get information, but there are likely to be numerous opinions about something people have had a problem with. The presence of a few complaints does not necessarily indicate that you will have a problem, but if there are many of the same types of complaints, you might want to think twice before you make the same purchase.
There are many sites that allow people to make complaints online, which can help you in a quest to make others aware of the problems you’ve experienced. We will make some suggestions below, but first, there are some things you should keep in mind when you make a complaint about a service online.
- You are responsible for the comments you make, therefore you should make sure all of your comments are the truth, or are clearly labeled as your opinion. Don’t state anything as a fact unless you actually know it to be true. Even better if you can prove it, if challenged.
- We do not want to discourage you from making comments online, in fact, quite the contrary, but it would be irresponsible if we didn’t mention that in the past there have been lawsuits filed over online comments, sometimes with good reason, in the case of malicious complaints, and sometimes without good reason, as retaliation by the subject of the complaint.
- You may want to make your comments under a pseudonym instead of your real name, in order to avoid any undesirable contact from someone in your day-to-day life. Some sites have methods for exchanging messages on the site without revealing real names or email addresses.
- Some sites will remove comments if they are paid or put under pressure by the subject of the complaint. Others will not remove comments. When Narconon agrees to giving a refund, they ask the dissatisfied customer to sign a “gag agreement” thus preventing them from talking badly about their experience in the future. If you make your complaint at a site whose policy is not to remove complaints, you can later sign the agreement, knowing that your online complaint will remain intact.
- Proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation will help the reader to understand your online complaint, and will add credibility to what you say.
- Do not contact Narconon and threaten to make a complaint online if they don’t comply with your demands. This can be seen as extortion. Instead, it is better to make your complaint, and then, if you wish, let them know about the complaint you have made.
Here are some sites where you can make complaints online or tell about your experiences at Narconon.
- Narconon Reviews
- Right here! If your experience was with Narconon, or another rehab using Narconon methods and materials, please do one or more of the following for addition to this site:
- Reaching for the Tipping Point
- Reaching for the Tipping Point is an online discussion forum with the intent to discuss, expose, and investigate Narconon. Tell your story on the forum, seek advice about any issues not covered here at Narconon Reviews, and commiserate with others who know what you’ve experienced. Help the forum regulars investigate, too, by giving them important information about the Narconon you attended.
- Google Maps
- You can leave a review of the Narconon you attended on Google Maps by entering in the search box “Narconon” and the location of the Narconon. In the box that pops up which points to the location, you will see “Write a review”. You will need to log in to google, or register if you don’t have a log in, in order to leave a review. Narconon has people who leave positive reviews here, so don’t be surprised if you see them, just leave your own to counter their “astroturfed” reviews.
- Kudzu.com is a review site for all kinds of services centered around large cities. If the Narconon you attended has a location within 100 miles of one of the cities listed, you can register on this site and leave a review. Look for the list of cities Kudzu.com covers.